Mid-America Nutrition Program, Inc.
Call Us: 785-242-8341
HomeAbout UsOur MenusOur SitesContact UsPhoto Gallery

Mid-America Nutrition Program, Inc.
1538 N. Industrial Ave. 
Ottawa, KS  66067

Contact Our Office
At Mid-America Nutrition Program, Inc., our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm, to answer your questions and ensure you are 100% satisfied.
Mid-America Nutrition Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, religious belief or disability. To file a complaint, call 785-242-8341 (TDD:1-800-766-3777)
Be a  Volunteer!
Hundreds of volunteers give their time each month to deliver a mal, assist at a senior center or contribute in countless other ways to help Mid-America Nutrition Program fulfill its mission to those 60 and better in our community.  You can join that dedicated group ad help as often and in any way that you can.

What do Meals on Wheels volunteers do?

Volunteers deliver hot, noon meals to homebound people.  Routes of 8-12 deliveries exist in many communities, ad each route begins at the local nutrition site.  Volunteers use their own vehicles, pick up their meals in an agency-provided thermal carrier, and then deliver them.

Volunteers do much more than just deliver meals:  they provide security and a moment of companionship for many homebound people who otherwise might not see another human being all day.

Who are Meals on Wheels volunteers?

Drivers come from all walks of life:  they are retirees, high school students, business people, stay-at-home parents, couples, members of church groups, civic groups and corporations.  They all share a common desire to contribute to the community and to help make people's lives easier.

How much time does it take?

It takes around one hour to deliver a route.  You can deliver daily, weekly, monthly or ask to be a substitute driver to be called on when needed.

What qualifications must I have?

You must meet the following qualifications:
  • Have a valid Kansas driver's license.
  • Sign a criminal background affidavit.
  • Sign a memorandum of understanding regarding agency polices.
  • Use a personal vehicle.

How do I apply?

Stop in at a senior center or call the site manager